Is adjustment of Status with an overstayed visa possible?
When you entered the U.S. you were either issued an I-94 or your passport was stamped with a date by which you were supposed to depart from the U.S.  If you otherwise qualify to adjust your status and you simply overstayed your visa, then generally yes you can still adjust your status within the U.S.You should check with an attorney before you file so that you don’t wast the filing fee for something you don’t otherwise qualify.