Deportation Defense Attorney | How to Stop Deportation | Eatontown, NJ

Call Us Today!
(888) 695-6169

New Jersey Deportation Defense Attorney

How to Stop Deportation in the U.S.

Are you currently living in the United States as an undocumented immigrant? Or have you overstayed your visa and are at risk of being deported? You don’t need to face removal or deportation alone. At Andres Mejer Law, our New York and New Jersey deportation defense attorney can work to help you stay in the U.S.

Get Help Fighting Deportation from an Experienced Deportation Defense Attorney in New Jersey

We know facing possible deportation can be very overwhelming, especially if it means that you’ll be separated from your family and loved ones. Many things can trigger a deportation proceeding, such as a traffic violation, legal issues within the family, problems at work, or a criminal arrest. If you’re at risk of being deported, let our N.J. deportation defense attorney help.

Stop Deportation With the Right New Jersey Immigration Lawyer

Many immigrants like you and me have come to the U.S. for several reasons, but at the core, we all want a better life than the one we left behind. No matter why you left your country, if you are like most immigrants, you want to stay in the U.S. When facing deportation (or removal, as it is now known), I understand how you may feel that your entire life is in danger. Let us help you stay in the U.S. If you are not a U.S. Citizen, you can face removal irrespective of:
  • Number of USC family members living in your household;
  • The years you have worked in the US;
  • Paid taxes;
  • Number of years you have lived in the US;
  • The contributions you made to your community;
  • Your immigration status.

Our New Jersey deportation defense attorney will request an asylum or deportation cancellation for you.

Cancellation of removal is an immigration benefit available for qualifying permanent and non-permanent residents. It allows them to apply for an adjustment of status, from being a deportable alien to a lawful permanent resident. At Andres Mejer Law, our legal team can help fight a deportation proceeding and help you prove that:
  • You have a commendable moral character
  • You have been living in the U.S. without incident for at least ten years, or five if you are a Green Cardholder.
  • The deportation would have an irreversible effect on your family.
In some circumstances, it is possible to request that the deportation be waived if you face forms of torture in your home country. A well-founded fear of potential or past persecution on account of race, nationality, religion, or political opinion, are valid reasons to apply for asylum. The deportation process can be complex and overwhelming, but our immigration attorneys are here to help. We will help you prove that your removal from this country is unjustified. Our New Jersey and New York immigration attorneys have years of experience dealing with deportation cases and assisting immigrants to get legal status. With our team by your side, you can rest assured that your case will get the best defense possible.

Can I still obtain an adjustment of status to become a Lawful Permanent Resident?

Adjustment of status or AOS is available for you if you have a qualifying relationship with an employer or a relative. You can adjust your status after you file an application and it has been approved by DHS or the Department of Homeland Security. Our legal team will help you obtain an adjustment of status to become a Lawful Permanent Resident. If approved and there is a visa available, the immigration judge may adjudicate the application for adjustment of status or give the matter back to DHS. Our New Jersey immigration lawyers can help you successfully apply for an adjustment of status and close the removal proceedings.

We will appeal to the Board of Immigration Appeals.

If you are dealing with an order of removal, or if the immigration court placed a decision against you, then our immigration attorney can help you properly file an appeal to the Board of Immigration Appeals. Andres Mejer has a wide range of experience dealing with cases involving the Board of Immigration Appeals, and he will make sure that you have a strong appeal in support of your claims.

T or U Visa for Victims of Abuse

“T” and “U” visas are available to victims of human trafficking or other serious crimes such as sexual assault or domestic violence. You are eligible for a T Visa if you’re facing deportation and you are in the U.S. as a result of human trafficking. If being removed from the United States would result in extreme hardship for you, then staying in the U.S. is your best option. You’re eligible for a U Visa if you’re a victim of a serious crime while in the U.S. You can apply for a U visa if you can prove that the committed against you caused you to suffer from substantial physical or mental abuse. T and U visa holders can remain and work in the U.S. for four years, and they can usually apply for legal permanent residence in their 3rd year. Our New Jersey immigration attorney can help you file for a T or U visa so you can get a fresh start in life.

Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)

Victims of physical abuse, battery, or extreme cruelty caused by a Green Card holder or U.S. citizen parent or spouse are allowed to stay in the U.S. To qualify, you must prove that:
  • You’ve been continuously present in the U.S. for at least three years
  • You have good moral character
  • You would suffer extreme hardship if deported from the U.S.
At Andres Mejer Law, our immigration attorneys understand the hardship of living in fear of your future. That is why our immigration lawyers strive to provide knowledgeable and quality legal representation for foreign individuals facing removal or deportation in New Jersey. We represent individuals and families with immigration issues and concerns, including deportation and removal proceedings, applying for a green card, and getting a visa.

Get Help from Experienced New York and New Jersey Deportation Defense Attorney Today!

We work hard to ensure that our clients can have the best chance of remaining in the U.S. If you’re at risk of being deported, you must consult with a New Jersey deportation defense attorney right away. Don’t wait until it is too late! It is very difficult to be allowed re-entry to the U.S. after being removed. You must fight removal now.