What are NJ’s Ignition Interlock Requirements?
As of February 5, 2015, the Senate approved a law amending these requirements. For now, that law hasn’t been implemented. It will, however, modify these requirements as I described in an earlier post.
- First DUI – Installation is discretionary if your BAC is over .10 but less than .15 for a period of 6 to 12 months after your license is restored; Installation is mandatory if your BAC is 0.15 or greater for 6 to 12 months following restoration;
- Second DUI – Mandatory installation of interlock device during your two year license suspension and for 1 to 3 years following restoration; and
- Third DUI – Mandatory installation of interlock device during 10 year license suspension and for 1 to 3 years following restoration.
If you are charged with a DUI you need to know your options before going to court. On this page you will see an offer for my books, click the link, put your name and contact information and we will give you these books free:
- Arrested for Drunk Driving? Learn how to Beat the Odds – Here I discuss defense strategies, and common mistakes I see other attorneys make in defending these complicated cases. I also list for your question you should ask any attorney that you interview for your defense.
- Why Pleading Guilty to Your New Jersey Traffic Ticket is NOT an Option – Here I discuss court process and violations, including DUI’s. There lots of case examples here.
- An Immigrant’s Guide to Municipal Court. This discusses specifically what you will encounter in Municipal Court if you aren’t a U.S. citizen and how it can result in removal proceedings in Immigration Court. I define important terms and guide you through the Municipal Court and Immigration Court process.
If you have DUI or Traffic offenses questions, we have answers. You can,
- Call 888-695-6169 to speak to our knowledgeable staff;
- Fill out the contact us form on this page;
- Select the live chat feature to speak to someone right away.
We help DUI defendants, one court case at a time.