What is a U-Visa or visa for victim of crimes | Immigration Attorney | Eatontown NJ

Call Us Today!
(888) 695-6169

What is the U-Visa or visa for victims of crime


This is designed as a tool for law enforcement to investigate and prosecute criminals.  If successful you will get non-immigrant status for four years and can then apply for permanent resident status.

You must prove:

  1. You have been the victim of a crime;
  2. You suffered physical or mental abuse because of the crime;
  3. You possess information regarding the crime;
  4. You have been or will be helpful in investigating or prosecuting the crime.
  5. You must get a Law Enforcement Certification who will certify that you have or will assist in the investigation or prosecution of the criminal.  Without the certification you can’t apply.
Share this post: