Know the Consequences of Overstaying on a Temporary U.S. Visa
Overstaying on a temporary visa is a serious matter that can have long-term consequences for an individual. In Eatontown NJ, individuals who overstay their visa may be subject to legal penalties, barred re-entry to the United States, and even deportation.
If you find yourself in the unfortunate situation of overstaying a temporary U.S. visa here, it is important to understand the potential consequences and take the necessary steps to rectify the situation. One of the best ways to do this is by seeking the guidance of an experienced immigration lawyer.
At Andres Mejer Law, we can help you understand the specific legal consequences of the overstay, explore your options for addressing the overstay, and advise you on how to minimize the impact on your future immigration and employment opportunities. If you need legal guidance, schedule a consultation with us today!
Why do I need an Immigration Lawyer in New Jersey?
One immigration law firm that is highly recommended for those facing the consequences of overstaying a temporary U.S. visa is Andres Mejer Law. This firm, led by attorney Andres Mejer, has a wealth of experience and knowledge in immigration law and has helped countless individuals in New Jersey address the legal consequences of overstaying a visa.
Here are some reasons why Andres Mejer Law is an excellent choice for those facing the consequences of overstaying a temporary U.S. visa:
- Extensive experience: Andres Mejer has extensive experience in immigration law and has helped numerous individuals address the legal consequences of overstaying a temporary U.S. visa.
- Knowledge of the law: Andres Mejer Law stays up to date with the latest changes and developments in immigration law, so they are able to provide accurate and up-to-date guidance to their clients.
- Personalized attention: Andres Mejer Law understands that every individual’s situation is unique and provides personalized attention and guidance to each client.
- Strong track record: Andres Mejer Law has a strong track record of helping clients address the legal consequences of overstaying a temporary U.S. visa. They have a high success rate in helping clients obtain a waiver or contest the legal consequences.
- Comprehensive services: Andres Mejer Law offers a wide range of immigration services, including representation in removal proceedings, assistance with applications for relief from removal, and guidance on how to maintain legal status and overcome overstay.
- Responsive and accessible: Andres Mejer Law is responsive and accessible, and they are always available to answer clients’ questions and provide guidance.
Andres Mejer Law is a New Jersey immigration law firm dedicated to providing aggressive legal representation. With years of experience in immigration cases and a strong track record, we can assure you in helping your visa case and give legal assistance to improve your situation. Talk to us today!
What are the Consequences of Overstaying on a Temporary visa?
Overstaying on a temporary visa can have severe consequences for a foreign national. When an individual overstays their visa, they are considered to be in “unlawful presence” in the United States. This can significantly impact their ability to enter the country in the future and can even lead to removal proceedings.
These are the consequences of overstaying on a temporary US visa:
- Inadmissibility to the United States: Individuals who have overstayed their temporary U.S. visa may be deemed inadmissible to the United States, meaning they will be unable to return to the country until they have been granted a waiver or exemption.
- Barred re-entry: Depending on the length of time an individual has overstayed their visa, they may be barred from re-entering the United States for a certain period of time, which can range from 3 years to permanent.
- Deportation: In some cases, an individual who has overstayed their temporary U.S. visa may be subject to removal proceedings, which can lead to deportation.
Are you facing deportation in the US? Seek legal assistance from our Eatontown immigration attorney now!
Can You Contest the Legal Consequences?
Yes, it is possible for foreign nationals to contest the legal consequences of overstaying on a temporary visa.
To contest the legal consequences of overstaying is to prove that the individual’s removal from the United States would cause extreme hardship for themselves or for a family member who is a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident. Examples of extreme hardship include health issues, financial hardship, or separation from a U.S. citizen spouse or parent. .
Are There Options Available to those who have Overstayed?
For those who have overstayed in Eatontown, NJ or other parts of the country, it’s important to understand the options available to them.
Here are some options available to those who have overstayed their visa in the United States:
- Apply for a new nonimmigrant visa. This option involves applying for a new visa, either in the individual’s home country or within the United States. This process can take time and requires the individual to provide information about their current situation, as well as demonstrate that they have not been in unlawful presence for an extended period of time.
- Apply for a green card or other forms of legal permanent residence. This option is available to those who have not been in unlawful presence for more than one year and can demonstrate that their removal from the United States would cause extreme hardship to a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident family member, such as a spouse or parent.
- Apply for a travel document, also known as “Advance Parole”. This option is useful for those who have been placed in removal proceedings and are seeking to apply for relief from removal. It allows the individual to leave the United States and return with a valid entry status.
- Consult with a qualified immigration attorney or the Department of Homeland Security for more information about the options available.
- Apply for a waiver if you can demonstrate that the removal would cause extreme hardship to a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident family member.
Call our Eatontown Immigration Lawyer Now!
If you or a loved one is facing the legal consequences of overstaying on a temporary U.S. visa, it is important to seek the assistance of an experienced immigration attorney. Andres Mejer Law is dedicated to providing comprehensive legal services for individuals facing removal proceedings and other immigration-related issues. With a team of knowledgeable attorneys, Andres Mejer Law is committed to fighting for the rights of foreign nationals in the United States.
Don’t wait. Call Andres Mejer Law today to schedule a consultation. Discover your legal options and potentially contest the consequences of overstaying your temporary U.S. visa with our help. Avoid deportation and secure your future – call us today!