Green Card holder: Applying for my relatives | NJ Immigration Attorney

Call Us Today!
(888) 695-6169

What relatives can I apply for as a green card holder (lawful permanent resident)?

As a permanent resident or green card holder you can apply for your

  • Spouses
  • Children
  • Stepchildren
  • Adopted Children

Although you can apply for these relatives, it doesn’t mean that they will immediately be able to get a visa.  They may have to wait until a visa is avaialbe.  This will change and you will be able to apply for additional relatives once you are a U.S. citizen.  Depending on how you received your green card you will have to wait three or five years to apply for your citizenship.

Share this post: