Do I immediately get my green card?| Immigration Attorney | Eatontown NJ

Call Us Today!
(888) 695-6169

After my interview for permanent resident based on marriage to a U.S. citizen, do I immediately get my green card?

Yes, as long as all the supporting documents are submitted and the background checks are completed, your passport may be stamped as proof of permanent residency for travel, work, etc. The actual laminated permanent resident card (Green Card) will be issued separately.  Your permanent resident status starts as of the original approval date.
Share this post: